Monday, December 8, 2014

Your Creativity Personality Type

Are You an Independent Thinker? 

by ©Peggy Gabrielson

I am... I like finding out things for myself, not just using what I've read or seen. My approach affects my creative style.


The Process 

Painting on cotton using Inktense blocks and my Creative Word: Art Stencils. Using a Clover clam shell accessories template I cut out my fabric. Following the directions that came with my kit was more challenging then the sewing for me.

It was a fun project; before sewing the parts together it became obvious that it wouldn't fit my handmade fused and woven beaded ornament inside.

Has this happened to you?
              

Seek and Explore  

In the past I have made templates for gift boxes, postcards and envelopes for my ATC cards for trading. Deciding that I could do the same again. My substrate was watercolor paper this time; applying layers of inks, acrylic paints and again my art stencil for the overall print design.

I incorporated yellow dyed cheesecloth and cotton lining for the outer and inside of the box. The purpose was to give strength for handling. 

The cheesecloth was applied to the painted side with Golden Acrylic. A double fusible adhesive was ironed on between the purple fabric and the unpainted side of the paper. Once these layers were completely dry and attached successfully the template was cut using scissors.

I will use my ScanNCut electronic cutting machine next time. It would of been faster and easier. Hand cutting gave me uneven edges.

Do you use electronic cutters for any of your specialty art projects?

Quote

"Be an independent thinker at all times, and ignore anyone who attempts to define you in a limiting way." Sherry Argov

I am satisfied with this process; learning, analyzing and designing. The final project is planned as a gift exchange between people in a fiber arts group I joined this year. Like minded thinkers exploring new directions. ©Inspiring Creative Minds!

Materials

Golden Matte Mediums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!