Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas... How Do You Celebrate?

by ©Peggy Gabrielson

Christmas is probably one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. 

I love the music and caroling, and have been known to play Christmas music all year long. I have some that are my favorites, like 'Frosty the Snowman'. I will repeat this song over and over,  While our grandchildren when they were younger  would 'skate' in socks along our hardwood floors!  

Decorating and the Christmas tree, while there are no facts it seems to be that the Germans started this popularity. My father always had the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. To this day I do the same and my daughter has followed this family tradition.

Gifts this year... A lot of emphasis are on handmade, supporting smaller businesses 'mom and pops'. What are you giving? Knitting, sewing, painting, beading for friends and family?  However and whatever you celebrate, remember to give from your heart!

Inspiring Creative Minds! 


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I also celebrate Christmas the same way. I agree to supporting small businesses. Have a wonderful Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am only giving handmade this year, whether made by me or purchased from another artist. The Christmas tree is definitely our favorite tradition. My husband and I have been adding to our ornament collection since even before we got married. Pulling out and hanging each ornament definitely brings back wonderful memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Diane for the best wishes, the same to you and yours! This year we are concentrating on only handmade that I created my self or other artisans work! My family and friends are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is my favorite holiday, it is so magical and romantic. My husband and I are still blending old traditions and new ones. Last year, we started doing the advent wreath daily during the season. I'm looking forward to that special time with him again this year! Another favorite thing of mine is wrapping presents, which are mostly handmade this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!