Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Faces of Art; Capturing the Moment in Time

© Peggy Gabrielson

29 faces September challenge continues...

Dave my husband and Jennifer our granddaughter
The art of drawing skillfully of a person may show more of their spirit than comparably of a photograph taken.  The inner strength and beauty could be skillfully drawn where people have the understanding and appreciation of the subject. My idea of a good model to choose from is one that I can connect with. 

Mastery of the art of drawing is to study your model. Successfully seizing their charm and interpreting this into the representation of what you see onto paper and canvas. At the end when the pencil is put down and a step is taken back, your smile evokes the completion of memories well done. 

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic life sketches! They're really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing! His personality and joy really do shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful drawings, Peggy! And I agree with you that photography rarely captures the spirit of the subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... when we connect with our subjects we can put so much more detail into it from our hearts.

      Delete
  4. You did a fabulous job of capturing the spirit in these drawings. You are so right - photography can be an art but drawn or painted images are not meant to be photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both your drawings. You pointed out something that I am now just learning. I have tried drawing two people that I am very familiar with from their photos. One just did not turn out right. With the other I finally realized that I needed to look at several photos and then use my knowledge of them to really draw them as I see them. I was much happier then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very sweet of you to say! We are always learning something about ourselves and our creative styles...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!