Monday, November 24, 2014

The Qualities of Oneness

Our spiritual connection with everyone and everything around us.

by ©Peggy Gabrielson

Painted Journal Cover - front

The Significance 

It is a topic of deep discussion for some, stemming from religions to self help studies. For myself the meanings behind this one word explains it simply as a closeness with love. My relationship for example with my husband; we depend on each other.

Why did I choose to name my painted journal Oneness? I was connected to her, in artistic unity. The need to finish her without stopping; it was a part of me at the moment in time.

The final project was sewn into a writing journal, and will be for sale. Once I am done, I can let it go. How about yourself; can you let go of your art work?

The Process

I prepared my cotton with a light coating of gesso. Then used Inktense Blocks in the colors black, white and blue for the face and background. My goal was to achieve the grunge look adding deep purple on the edges after it was all stitched together.

The journal cover allows a small travel size notebook to be slipped inside the sewn flaps. 
Journal Cover - inside

My Tribute

This completes my tribute to #woiw "Word Of Inspiration Wednesday", and also #NaNoWriMo "National Novel Writing Month".

Have you participated in either of these challenges? I have, both are equally satisfying; aiding in my personal and artistic growth. What are some memorable challenges that you've joined in?

Quote

“Wisdom is your perspective on life, your sense of balance, your understanding of how the various parts and principles apply and relate to each other. It embraces judgment, discernment, and comprehension. It is a gestalt or oneness, and integrated wholeness.”  Stephen R. Covey quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!