Sunday, November 16, 2014

Gratitude with Attitude; Sunday Sentiments

Daily Gratitude is Success in Life

by ©Peggy Gabrielson


"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~ Melody Beattie

My choice quote for November Sunday Sentiments stems from my feelings of gratefulness of everything in life. I started to sketch hoping to catch my feelings in the face I drew. Starting with a substrate of heavy cardstock and my Creative Word: Lace Art Stencil. My stencils can also be found here.

My favorite materials used in this process of layers included Modeling Paste by Liquitex, Sakura Glaze white pen giving her hair dimension, Derwent Pastel, Stabilo, Oil Pastels, and Distress Inks. With a final spray of Grumbacher Fixative.

Have you tried the Sakura white Glaze pens? It will be clear when it first comes out; drying to a bright white. It doesn't level off and has a small ridge when it is completely dry. It can be used on most surfaces, and doesn't smear.  I've even used it on my glass ornaments to write on.

It will be adhered to a box framed MDF board I made myself (of course) in the end. This is an example of my pear I painted
as an inspiration from Betty Franks of Mystic Tulip Mixed Media

Watch a quick video... How~I~do~it



Inky Doodle blog for joining in the monthly share.
from: Blick Art Materials

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!