Saturday, November 15, 2014

Painting Glass Ornaments

An Elegant Ornament Idea to Make 

by ©Peggy Gabrielson


A great personal gift and Holiday Bazaar item for next year Christmas in July. 

This is what I made last year, and this year I have several in different sizes and colors for sale in the Holiday Gift and Show at the Blue Ridge Arts Association in Blue Ridge, Georgia. 

I enjoyed the experience so much that I wanted to share with you my supplies and table set up. I will be offering a diy for a download soon on my website. Just in time for Christmas in July 2015...

The only challenges were working the inks inside the clear ornament without breaking them; the handwritten words on the outside, finding a pen that would work permanently, both overcome!

I like to control my media and two I have worked in my lifetime are challenges for me. Alcohol ink on Yupo/glass, and watercolor on paper. What did I learn from this experience? Let it do it's thing, and don't over think it. 


Enjoy my short demo of How~I~do~it...



Have you tried this yourself? There is a trick to it... I can't wait to have the full demo video completed for you to view! Inspiring Creative Minds!

Materials I used:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!