Thursday, September 5, 2013

Faces of Art; Guiding My Hand in Drawing a Face

by ©Peggy Gabrielson

29 faces continues… this was a quick sketch using graphite water soluble pencil, for the ease in blending and shading. My granddaughter Jennifer from a school picture she sent me. What do you think?

The creating is a natural process for me when the object of my inspiration is something I love… with all my heart and soul I love this young lady! Emotions are what stir my soul; using several storyboards for pictures and words to spark the enthusiasm. On those days I suffer from creative block I tend to go to my boards and get inspired.

Doing some research I found that drawings have been found from early years on of humans, but they are rare and are found in non detailed form. These tell stories like a book with words; hoping to achieve this with my style. Story telling, drawing, using different tools!

Loving Life for Life IS Good!