Thursday, September 5, 2013

Faces of Art; Guiding My Hand in Drawing a Face

by ©Peggy Gabrielson

29 faces continues… this was a quick sketch using graphite water soluble pencil, for the ease in blending and shading. My granddaughter Jennifer from a school picture she sent me. What do you think?

The creating is a natural process for me when the object of my inspiration is something I love… with all my heart and soul I love this young lady! Emotions are what stir my soul; using several storyboards for pictures and words to spark the enthusiasm. On those days I suffer from creative block I tend to go to my boards and get inspired.

Doing some research I found that drawings have been found from early years on of humans, but they are rare and are found in non detailed form. These tell stories like a book with words; hoping to achieve this with my style. Story telling, drawing, using different tools!

Loving Life for Life IS Good!


14 comments:

  1. what beautiful work, and what a beautiful granddaughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a skillfully drawn and beautiful work, and the model is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Selma... and I love your lady with the blue hair most so far!

      Delete
  3. I was immediately drawn to the mouth. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this drawing and … water soluble graphite? I need to get out more often! I've never used such a thing and think I'd have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it is by Derwent. The key is to find the blue paintbrush on the handle that signifies that it can be used with water, just as their color water pencils do also.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous work, so pleased I found you, I have been looking for my muse ( she went on holiday) so I was happy to take part in 29 faces, it has been so inspiring seeing what creative results everyone is getting - I think it's helped bring her back from hols :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it has helped me also to explore in new directions. Challenges are great motivators

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!