Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Art Faces; Imaginative Interpretation of the Human Face


by ©Peggy Gabrielson

It is our expression of emotions that attracts me to create and take this challenge ‘29 Faces in September’ by Ayala Art. Having no limitations in rules of design medium it allows me to stay in my comfort zone of digital art, but still be challenged by having to create a new face each day this month! I am behind starting the 4th day into the month of September, the catching up will be the fun of it all!

‘Me, Myself and Moi’, a self portrait that was completed earlier this year is not part of our #29 faces in September challenge, but wanted to share my PLAY time with you all! Now on to the creating of new faces! Loving Life for Life IS Good!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I do feel like that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece! I love playing around with the digital art too. Lots of directions one can take with it. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye... love your sketches also! So far only commented on the last, but will catch up after awhile and enjoy each day you posted. I like digital painting for the ease of it, when I don't care to pull out all my supplies... strange thing to say if you are presently in my office looking over my shoulder you would see that my desk has alcohol ink, Spectrum Noir pens, gel pens, and a small postcard sized project of flowers in a vase I am adding detail to. :) Loving Life!

      Delete
  3. I love this expressive, free approach to painting and keep trying to achieve it, but rarely manage to capture it, so I'm hoping that during 29 Faces I'll manage one in this loose style. Your 'Me, Myself, Moi' painting has so much life and vibrancy. I was surprised when you said it was a digital painting, and I haven't tried the style on my computer - so you have inspired me to try it digitally instead of with paint. Thank you.
    Very pleased that you joined me - thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez... I have enjoyed browsing through your blog. Looking forward to taking more time there on another day.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! and, I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I am jazzed that you would follow me! I love your style of portrait painting using the encaustic and paint technique!

      Delete
  5. Peggy, I love your style!" Me, Myself, Moi" is Awesome! Can't wait to see what else your working on for the Challenge! Blessings, Ann Francine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ann... love your charcoal and pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting. I love this! What a cool style that you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen... I love red and wanted to use vibrant colors for my self portrait. There is a story to this painting and I might write about it one day...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!