Monday, September 23, 2013

3 Creative Ways to Draw Faces

Practice face drawing by using different techniques. 



© by Peggy Gabrielson

29 faces continues...
    Continuous line drawing of faces
  • Continuous Line Drawing - is when you look at your subject and paper, drawing without lifting your pen or pencil off of the paper. The line should be unbroken from the beginning to the end. This takes a bit of concentration for it is not a natural habit of drawing, but the result is a very pleasing one.






    Water soluble graphite sketch
  • Create your own Picasso Head, it is free to use by RFI Studios. Can be emailed, saved to their gallery or printed. They give you choices of face features and a color palette. I tweaked mine afterwards with Adobe Photo.
Picasso Head by  RFI Studios

  • Water soluble graphite pencils - for drawing are unique, and one of my favorite ways of drawing freehand style. Add a bit of water with a brush stroking it over your sketch. A great way to add value quickly to a sketch for a later painting reference.

4 comments:

  1. All three ways are rather entertaining. I have never heard of water soluble graphite. I just might have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made by Derwent... I will post here a video on how I use it, plus where you can find it for purchase. I have had several people ask me about it.

      Delete
  2. I am fond of continuous drawing. It's great practice, tends to express great energy and often yields some delightful results ~ like yours! The graphite sketch is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it taught me discipline :) I liked how it achieves a bit of realism and abstract all into one. Practice, practice :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!