Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dye Your Own Buttons...

by ©Peggy Gabrielson


Summer and wild flowers that were sown from seed are in full bloom in my garden.


I enjoy daily the routine of inspecting my vegetable plants in my container garden that my husband so lovingly prepared for me this year. I find joy each day as I count how many new cucumbers, tomatoes and zucchini's have sprouted!

As I think about my simple pleasures that surround me catching up with blogs I haven't read, I came across a picture of buttons in a vase with colored water of another blogger's column that I follow... Angela's Artistic Designs. Intrigued I had to click on the original post by Rit Dye.

I myself use colored water in my vases. I choose to use silk flowers instead of fresh cut in my vases. To colorize the water I put a drop of food coloring after filling the vase. Not much is needed for it is highly concentrated. The tinted water gives the floral arrangement the illusion of realism.

I never would of thought to add buttons to it a simple but pleasant charm! It seems to be an easy enough procedure to colorize the buttons... maybe I will give it a try someday soon!

Angela's Artistic Designs
DIY Rit Dyed Buttons



©Inspiring Creative Minds!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!