Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Sentiments: 12 October 2014

The sentiment I'm sharing with you today is this: "The Other Side of Me"


by ©Peggy Gabrielson

This mixed media project challenges me, continuing in the color pink. I added warm colors to it to make me happy... The sentiment was created digitally, because I wanted the words to simulate movement of being flipped.

How did I accomplish this?

Step 1. I started with a water color background on card stock.
The Other Side of Me


Step 2. Once dry I placed my half face stencil on top of it.

Step 3. Take a scoop of each modeling paste and metallic acrylic paint mixed to the color desired.

Step 4. Use a palette knife to spread on the Art Stencil, making sure the crevices are covered.

Tip: Spread the gesso mixture over the stencil, working fast. The gesso needs to stay wet to remove the stencil for a clean lift and good impression.

Step 5: Lift it straight up from the cardstock.

Step 6: Add white Sharpie to highlight, and acrylic paints of yellow and green.

Step 7: Once all layers have dried give it a couple of coats by spraying with a fixative.

I loved how I got the texture of her features. I like this enough to consider making this as a smaller art stencil in size for art bookmarkers to give away or sell. What do you think?

"I have many different sides; I can be the life and soul of the party - or a wallflower." ~ Naomie Harris
The Other Side of Me: Face Art Stencil

Suggested Materials



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!