Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Where do you get your inspiration from?


by ©Peggy Gabrielson

Festivals and gallery events allow me to meet people that are potential clients. 


If their interests are stimulated by my art they start to ask me questions that enlightens them about myself an artist and an individual. I prepare myself to answer several questions but key into one in particular...'Where do you get your inspiration from?'

The world around me, news depicts my mood in style, my life rich in memories, other artists style invigorates me. I look at trends in color and style, but try not to fixate on this too much. For my style is my own. I look more into history itself, culture and ethnicity, music the sounds are colorful, authors their words can paint a vivid story, family and friends.
Fused Aventurine Glass Bowl
SOLD to client in Seattle, WA

You can't wait for it, you have to go out and search for it! There are life experiences to engage your thought process from, if not your own someone else's. History in itself tells a colorful and wise story.

Inspiring Creative Minds!


2 comments:

  1. I get asked that all the time, too. Mother Nature is usually my answer :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shadow Dog Designs for your compliment! I think your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!