Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Imagination

Inspired by a used dryer sheet to create texture in my #woiw Challenge "Book"

by ©Peggy Gabrielson


"She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live." ~ Anne Dillard


I save everything, one never knows what kind of art we can create out of it... a used dryer sheet from the laundry. A layer of gesso was applied; once it completely dried I then added color to it.



My favorite as of this moment to colorize the material are my Inktense blocks.

A wet paint brush with water makes the color permanent. I love that about the Inktense blocks, don't you? 
I applied strokes of acrylic paint on my sketch paper, which was primed first with gesso to strengthen the paper to be able to take the many layers I planned on adding.

Here is the close up of layers I decoupaged on my Strathmore Recycled sketch paper. Golden Matte Gel is my favorite to use for this process. Do you have a preference?

I added Japanese papers and handmade paper from old paper towels for more texture. A 05 micron ink pen was used to outline my sketch I found on my browser as free clip art. I decided to add chalks and oil pastels enhancing the colors a bit before signing and sealing.

My favorite sealer is by Golden Archival Varnish. It does give my end result a gloss look for my postcard sized #woiw challenge.

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.”~ Mark Twain

Materials I used: 

View blog post for supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!