Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ramblings of a Creative Mind: Mother

Podcast Episode 3: Series 1: Ramblings of a Creative Mind!

by ©Peggy Gabrielson

Hi Friends! Most of last week I have been down sick with a stomach condition, for those who aren't aware I am gluten intolerant.  It’s taken me to a place where a quiet mind had to be. It affected me physically more this time with pain I couldn't ignore. 

To get my creative groove going again I had to focus on making a change. Mainly my eating schedule, I had to eat smaller meals more often and replenish my water bottle more frequently. So far so good! Not 100% percent, because it’s still in my system, but it will be better as the days go by.

For my distraction I sat in my recliner and gazed at Nieke my mother’s portrait I had hung on the wall. A happy distraction giving thanks to have completed her just last week. I was originally thinking she might go to the art gallery with an opportunity to be displayed and possible sold there, but couldn't bring myself to do that. She became a part of me long before I finished her.

In the year 2013 I wrote an article about my feelings of how I did not know who my mother was. It was triggered around the holiday celebration for Mother’s Day, and a conversation at the time with somebody I knew sharing her days with her elderly parents.

I would like to share with you what I wrote and that was published then. Thanks for listening to my podcast. 


Our family living in Indonesia.
My father holding my sister, my oma holding me, and my mother standing next to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Inspiring Creative Minds!